Find yourself running late, only to get in the car and realize that the windshield is totally frosted over? Prepare yourself for this pesky winter occurrence with these simple tips to defrost your windshield
- For a quick and cheap solution, check out this rubbing alcohol/water solution from this news station here!
- Keep in mind that while warming up your car will clearly, eventually defrost your windshield, the defrosting will not happen all that quickly and you will be wasting fuel while idling.
- Instead, look into a high-quality deicing product, which would be specifically designed to melt the ice and frost away quickly.
- Additionally, you can simply scrape off the ice with an ice-scraper. If you don’t already have one in your car, you should remedy that situation ASAP.
- Lastly, if you are really desperate, you could simply pour a bucket of lukewarm water over your windshield. However – never pour boiling water on your windshield, which could cause it to crack.
Whatever you do, stay safe this winter! And if you’re in the market for a new vehicle that’s ready to handle the winter weather, come visit us anytime at Lee’s Summit Honda.
Read more: Tips for winter energy saving